IN A NUTSHELL
14 is a flag book project which compares the concept of time for various things in the world. After a lot of research, I chose the number 14 as it fit the unit of time for various things that I had chosen to compare. The project compares what can occur in 14 seconds, 14 minutes, 14 hours, 14 days, 14 weeks, 14 months and finally 14 year. Each of the units of time : seconds, minutes, hour, days, weeks, months and year consist of 14
frames of how it changes through the time frame.
The various 14 references were for the following –
- 14 seconds – The approximate time that it takes for red litmus paper to turn blue.
- 14 minutes – The approximate time that it takes for single celled organisms to multiply like amoeba.
- 14 hours – The time taken by the sun to set from the time it has risen.
- 14 days – The time that the moon takes to go through its entire phases.
- 14 months – The time taken for a whale to grow from a fetus to a full grown calves.
- 14 years – The approximate time taken to build the brooklyn bridge